Add a sexy beauty mark or darken the one you have. Add a touch of a “character” to your face. A small, naturally colored mark is tattooed to mimic the look of a real beauty mark.
Beauty Mark Before Care
• If you are under a physicians care you must obtain a release from him/her prior to your procedure.
• Fillers or Botox should be done 6 weeks prior to your procedure and 6 weeks after your procedure.
• Do not work out the day of the procedure as the body heat expands the pores.
• No Sun, sweating, or tanning prior to the procedure.
• Do not have a tan/sunburn on your face prior to your procedure.
• Do NOT take blood thinners (Aspirin, Coumadin, Tylenol, Niacin, Ibuprofen) 72 hours prior to your procedure.
• You must have written permission from your physician if you are taking Coumadin or Heparin.
• You MUST be off Retin-A, Retinol, or Retinods for 7 days prior to your procedure and avoid using on or around the area for 30 days after. If used before 30 days, it can cause the pigments to fade prematurely.
• You have to be off Accutane for 1 year.
• Avoid alcohol or caffeine prior to your procedure, this will minimize any oozing or swelling after the procedure.
• Getting a procedure while on your menstrual cycle can make you hypersensitive at the procedure.
• If there are any blemishes, pimples, active cold sores, irritation of the skin of any kind, moles or other skin imperfections in or around the area of the procedure, the procedure will be rescheduled until the blemish or area of concern is gone.
• Come without any makeup.
Beauty Mark After Care
- • Expect treated areas to be tender for the next few days. The procedure area may be red, swollen or have a discharge of lymph (clear fluid) and blood for at least 12 hours post procedure. Gently dab off excess lymph from the procedure area with a clean tissue and clean cold water. Remember that you should wipe off the lymph to avoid getting a thick crust. You may alternate between ice and hot packs to relieve swelling.
- • The procedure area will be much darker for 5-7 days post procedure. The true color will not be visible for 4-6 weeks post procedure and for each color refresher.
- • Tissue heals at different levels, some people heal within 5-7 days; some may take 10 or more to heal.
- • DO NOT touch the healing pigmented area with your fingers. Touching the treated area with your fingers, unclean cotton swabs, old products or other, may result in infection. If you need to touch the area - use a clean cotton swab!
- • Sleep on a CLEAN satin pillowcase while the procedure area is healing.
- • No sauna, Jacuzzi, steam, exercise, hot yoga, swimming in chlorine pools or in the ocean for 7-10 days (until area is completely healed) after the procedure and after all color refreshers.
- • Do not expose your face to the sun until the procedure area has healed. The sun will fade the pigment.
- • DO NOT RUB, SCRATCH OR PICK THE TREATED AREA; pigment may be removed along with crusting tissue. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- • Use A&D ointment ONLY if the treated area feels very tight. Do not use too much of A&D ointment; overuse of your healing product will not let the area heal properly; apply a very thin layer to prevent the treated area from drying.
- • Do not wear makeup on the treated area until it has healed. You might cause an infection or otherwise damage the permanent makeup.
- • If you are a blood donor, you may NOT give blood for 1 year following your permanent makeup application (according to Red Cross).
- • Color refresher visits should be scheduled between 4-8 weeks post procedure. All permanent makeup procedures are a two-step process. Results cannot be determined until the color refresher is completed.
- • If you resume the Retin-A, Retinol, or Retinods after the 30 days, the continued use will fade your permanent makeup prematurely.
- • DO NOT USE any lightening and peeling products that contain AHA’s, Vitamin A, Retinol A, Glycolic/Lactic Acids on the treated area; it will fade your permanent makeup prematurely. Check your product labeling. It will fade your pigment color. Read the ingredients on the back of every bottle of product that you use.
- • If you are out in the sun a lot, have oily skin, using Retinol products, chemical peels, then you will need color refreshers every 6 months to 1 year.
- • Use a sun block after the procedure area has healed to prevent future fading of pigment color; apply a waterproof sunblock 3-4 times daily to prevent fading.
- • If you have any questions or concerns please notify your technician immediately. You need to follow ALL After Care Instructions for maximum results of the procedure. Failure to follow the above advice will result in less than desired results.